- +91-80-2340 4000
Karnataka State Pharmacy Council is a statutory body constituted by the Government of Karnataka under Chapter III Section 19 of the Pharmacy Act of 1948 (Act 8 of 1948). It was established in the year 1964. The council took over the First register of Pharmacist prepared by the Mysore State Pharmacy Tribunal that was constituted by the then Government of Mysore under the Chairmanship of Dr. Shamashastri the then Director of Health Services in the state with Sri K.N. Shanbogh the then Drugs Controller for the state as member and Sri S.S. Kattishettar the then Deputy Drugs Controller as Member Secretary. The Council was renamed as Karnataka State Pharmacy Council in 1974 consequent to change in the name of the state from Mysore to Karnataka. The council was functioning in a small place with a table and three chairs in a small crowded room of the Drugs Control Department and was relocated to its own spacious new building in Vijayanagar in 1997. The council that was confined for registration and renewal activities only was expanded to provide professional service to the healthcare professionals and public with the establishment of a Drugs Information Centre in the year 1997.
The Karnataka State Pharmacy Council is the first council to have all the registration data computerized, Issue Identity Cards to all practicing Pharmacists, launch Community Pharmacy Programs & Continuing Education Programs to update pharmacist's knowledge. The total number of registered pharmacists on the rolls till 31st March 2013 has been 46941 and launch a website www.kspcdic.com was launched in the year 2000.