‘KARNATAKA PHARMACY COUNCIL REGISTERED PHARMACIST WELFARE TRUST’ is brilliant idea of Sri Gundu Rao D. A. with a concern on the welfare of the pharmacist and his / her family. It was established in the year 1998 for the benefit of the registered pharmacists and their families.
The KSPC is the first council in India to establish such a social security scheme with a concern on the welfare of the pharmacist and his/her family.
The scheme is extended to the ailing pharmacists suffering from diseases such as Cancer, Kidney Failure, Bypass Surgery, etc., and other ailments of serious nature (in case the scheme is well responded by the members) as decided by the trust. Since 1998,
- As of 10 March 2016, 28892 pharmacists have enrolled under this scheme.
- 77 pharmacists for hospitalization and 152 families of deceased pharmacists are benefited under this scheme.
Rules and Conditions for Enrollment in the Trust
- The applicant should be a Citizen of India and should been between 18 to 60 years of age to enroll under KPCRPWT.
- The applicant must be a Registered Pharmacists in Karnataka State Pharmacy Council.
- The benefits under scheme will be given only if he is in the rolls of the Karnataka State Pharmacy Council at the time of the claim.
Benefits Under this scheme:
IN CASE OF MEDICAL CLAIM:
- A partial disbursement up to 1/3 of the minimum amount for the medical treatment in case of serious illness such as cancer, cardiac surgery, kidney transplantation etc. to be decided by Trust Executive Committee on Merits.
- A discharge certificate from the Hospital / Nursing Home indicates the brief report of illness and the treatment given should be produced in original or a certified copy.
IN CASE OF DEATH:
- The quantum of amount of Rs.75,000/- to be given in case of death which will be reviewed every year depending upon the trust resources.
- Any partial amounts paid under medical claim will be deducted from final settlement to the nominee.
- Death Certificate issued by a competent authority in original shall be produced along with claim.
- The claim shall be made in writing by the nominee whose is registered in the trust.
- In case the Registered nominee is not alive at the time of claim, only the legal heir approved by the court of law can make the claim producing the proof of their legal heir rights. The claim should be made within 3 months or 90 days from the date of death.