‘KARNATAKA PHARMACY COUNCIL REGISTERED PHARMACIST WELFARE TRUST’ is brilliant idea of Sri Gundu Rao D. A. with a concern on the welfare of the pharmacist and his / her family. It was established in the year 1998 for the benefit of the registered pharmacists and their families.
The KSPC is the first council in India to establish such a social security scheme with a concern on the welfare of the pharmacist and his/her family.
The scheme is extended to the ailing pharmacists suffering from diseases such as Cancer, Kidney Failure, Bypass Surgery, etc., and other ailments of serious nature (in case the scheme is well responded by the members) as decided by the trust. Since 1998,
- As of 20th April 2012, 22060 pharmacists have enrolled under this scheme.
- 45 pharmacists for hospitalization and 87 families of deceased pharmacists are benefited under this scheme.
Karnataka Registered Pharmacists Welfare Trust's Rules and Conditions for Enrollment in the Trust
- The Candidate must be Registered Pharmacists who has paid life time registration in KSPC.
- Benefit under scheme will be given only if he is in the rolls of the KSPC at the time of the claim.
- At the time of enrollment, the age should not exceed 60 years
- A partial disbursement up to 1/3rd of the minimum amount for the medical treatment in case of serious illness such as cancer, cardiac surgery, kidney transplantation etc, to be decided by the trust executive committee on merits. Such partial amounts paid will be deducted from final settlement to the nominee.
Rules for claims
In case death :
- Death certificate issued by a competent authority in original shall be produced along with claim.
- The claim shall be made in writting by the nominee whose name is registered in the trust.
- In case of registered nominee is not alive at the time of claim, only the legal heir approved by the court of law can make the claim producing the proof of their legal heir rights.
- The claim should be made within 3 months (or 90 days) from the date of death.
In case medical claim :
A Discharge Certificate from the Hospital / Nursing home indicate the breif report of illness and the treatment given should be produced in Original or Certified Copy.