- +91-80-2340 4000
Karnataka State Pharmacy Council grants registration to the eligible pharmacists possessing requisite qualification as enunciated in the Pharmacy Act and to enforce the provisions of the Pharmacy Act. The Karnataka State Pharmacy Council is the first council to have all the technical data computerized, issue Identity Cards to all practicing Pharmacists, launch Community Pharmacy Programs & Continuing Education Programs to update pharmacist's knowledge. The total number of registered pharmacists is 46074
1. To grant registration to eligible pharmacists under Pharmacy Act (sec 42) Implement Provisions of Pharmacy Act (sec 42)
- On or after such date as the state government may by notification in the official gazette appoint in this behalf, no person other than a registered pharmacist shall compound, prepare, mix, or dispense any medicine on the prescription of a medical practitioner.
Provided that this sub-section shall not apply to the dispensing by a medical practitioner of medicine for his own patients, or with the general or special sanction of the state government, for the patients of another medical practitioner.
- Whoever contravenes the provisions of sub-section (1) shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term, which may extend to six months, or with find not exceeding one thousand rupees or with both.
- Cognizance of an offence punishable under this section shall not be taken except upon complaint made by [order of the state government or any officer authorized in this behalf by the state government, or by order of the executive committee of the state council
- Provided further that where no such date is appointed by the government of state, this sub-section shall take effect in that state on the expiry of a period of five years from the commencement of the pharmacy (Amendment) Act, 1976].
2. To Issue Identity Card to all Practicing Pharmacists